Call for Instructors
We are accepting classes and meet-and-greet sessions on all topics. We are also looking for volunteers to assist with judging the Mock A&S Faire. Please contact Sofya to ask any questions or volunteer. Thank you in advance for your help and support!
2014 Class List (times TBA)
- Halgerðr and Guðrun: The Changing Views of Marriage in Iceland, from the Founding to the End of the 13th Century. Master Fridrikr Tomasson. This class will look at the change in laws and customs surrounding marriage in Iceland from the settlement until the end of the Commonwealth. It will also look at the oft-wed Guðrun and Hallgerðr and their marital histories.
- Period Accurate Roman Imperial Hair. Domina Jael ben Ari. How did the Romans manage those hairstyles? No, not with wigs! Come to this class and find out! Bring some paper to take notes! A limited number of detailed handouts will be available for a small fee. 11:00-12:00 (THIS CLASS NEEDS A VOLUNTEER MODEL WITH SHOULDER-LENGTH OR LONGER HAIR. PLEASE CONTACT Sofya TO VOLUNTEER.)
- Filthy Heathens: Anglo-Saxon Hygiene. Oswyn of Bath. Did Saxons ever bathe? Learn about the hygiene habits in Saxon-period Britain.
- What to Expect at the A&S Faire: HL Gunnarr Alfjlot. Thinking of entering the A&S Faire? Wondering how to write documentation? This is a class for those who are new to the A&S faire circuit. Learn how entries are judged, judging criteria, strategies for writing your documentation, and more.
These sessions are an opportunity to ask questions and talk shop with like-minded enthusiasts. Please contact Sofya to suggest a themed meet-and-greet session.
- Glassworkers: Meet fellow glassworkers! Open to beadmakers, stained window artists, glassblowers, or whatever else one does with glass in period. Facilitator: HL Rois alann inghean Ui fhlaithbheartaigh.